Every woman meets one of our breast surgeons or breast physicians, who will ask about the woman’s concerns and will examine her breasts.
Concerns frequently raised include:
- breast cancer risk factors, and what can be done to decrease breast cancer risk
- breast cancer affecting other family members
- whether or not genetic counselling is necessary
- dense breasts as seen on the mammogram – and what that means for this woman
- what an MRI is and whether it is indicated
Each woman will have many opportunities to ask questions and to receive advice.
Following the visit, the breast physician or breast surgeon will complete a report to the referring GP, which addresses the reason for referral as well as any other concerns the woman my have indicated. It summarises the results of the imaging and a recommendation is made for future assessment.